Friday, August 26, 2011

Outings with our Friends




Enjoying each other's company on a chilly day in Pioneer Park
 I enlarged the above photo so you could see the catchy phrase above our friends' head, "Bold Indicates Those Still active."  I didn't notice the sign until I was cropping pictures but how very fitting for this man and his wife!  They are still active in the faith, together, and are bold about it, each in their own style and way.  They have been a source of continued encouragement to us through the Lord Jesus Christ!

My heart is full to bursting when I think of all this family has been through yet still remain faithful to Praise the Lord for it all.  It is not my story.  It is His Story and all I can say is His mercies truly are new every morning. 

I witnessed this beautiful Mother care for my children like they were her own and the Father as well.  I witnessed this Daddy singing God's praises with a mighty voice while playing the old piano in the middle of a historic church located in Pioneer Park, not caring who was around, only that God heard and we all so encouraged by it!  I saw their daughter and my daughters dance to their hearts content to the Daddy's music. 

I've heard so much praise for God and His sovereignty in our lives this past week.  I cannot begin to describe to you the joy of the Lord amongst suffering and pain but it is true and it is wonderful and I hope that someday every one reading this calls out to this same Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in truth and in full surrender and dependence upon Him. 

1 comment:

  1. To God be the Glory! And how fitting the bold print was! They truly are a testimony to God,s grace in their lives. Very encouraging!!!!

    ReplyDelete