Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall is Here and Gone

The Last Rose of Summer...
 I saw this last rose a few days ago and couldn't believe it!  It really did have all its petals before I took this photo but someones little fingers took a grab first! 
Daytime Moon
I took this photo of the trees and moon last week and today those same trees have no leaves left on their branches!  Fall was beautiful but very quick!
Playing on the gravel pile...

Playing in the leaves...

Working on the drainage field....

Escaping the wild animal...
 The black wild beast in this picture is, of course, nothing but hound dog but it made a great title for the picture!  ha ha  This grouping of saplings is one of my daughter's favorite places to "hang out."  One of the joys of living out of town is that my children like to hang out with us and their surroundings, better known as the birch wood and black spruce forest.  I thoroughly enjoy living out of town.  There's a peace and quiet away from all the hub of the city.  We are studying history and how civilization began and have found it all very interesting.  I'm so thankful that I have been given a great foundation on which to build.  Knowing our origin's and the reason we live allows us to see things as they really are. 

If you believe the Bible, man was intelligent from the start.  If you believe in evolution, man came from animal and grew into intelligence....   So, what's the difference?  Does the origin of man really matter?  Yes, it does, because it's a base for the growth of science.  If you believe that the universe was created by one God who has all authority and power and is very orderly in all He accomplishes, you will seek out to make sense of and order your life.  Science uses facts to explain the natural world.  As a Christian I encourage my children to ask why and I believe the science world is fascinating and wonderful because it proves the existence of an orderly God who knew what He was doing when He designed it! 

However, if you believe in evolution, you believe that the entire natural word has come into existence by a random order with no meaning.  You won't seek to make sense of it, you will seek your own hearts desire with no particular rhyme or reason, just a senseless, random life wandering about with no apparent purpose other than to please your self. 

How did I get onto this rabbit trail, I have no idea... perhaps I muse because I have spent too much of my life wandering and not enough of it learning God's truth and learning how to the apply that truth into my daily life and the lives of my children.  Just in case the word brainwashing comes to mind, let us first acknowledge the truth of the power of media and advertising and examine our own lives for true evidence of any brainwashing going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment