Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camping at Olnes Pond AGAIN!

Poor hound, I'll keep you company...

Practicing my powers of concentration...

Attempting to remove the "Sword in the Stone" or should we say the "Axe in the Wood"

Hiking the trail down to the nearby Chatinika River

Surely the fishing will be better in the River

Hangin' out with Bro

Hangin' out in the wild roses with fishing pole in hand...
We went camping two weekends ago at Olnes Pond.  We had a great time, minus the mosquito's and the incessant four wheeler noise.  I'd write about it, but it is a little to fresh in my mind to invoke any feelings of happiness!  I descibed it in an article that I recently sent in for possible publication.  If it is indeed published, I will send all those who desire to read my account of dealing improperly with this situation, you may.  Let's just say it was a humbling experience.

The camping, hiking, and fishing part of the weekend was great, as well as having friends come out for the day on Saturday for Dutch oven stew and Daddy's birthday cheesecake!  I was thinking how nice it was to have a port a potty so close at night!  The older kids slept out in a pup tent and Daddy, the two littlest, and I slept in the pickup truck camper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment