Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Enjoying the first raspberries of the season

I can almost reach...

I'll help you...what are big brothers for?
My children found a few raspberries already!  I must admit, I think that they were still not quite ripe but they were so excited to spot a change in color, they couldn't resist.

The days with our little ones are passing quickly and I want to enjoy them.  I never realized that it would actually take work to learn to enjoy parenting.  I'm glad for all those encouraging words like, "Enjoy it, it passes quickly."  or "Just focus on raising your children,"  or "You're doing enough." 

For an over achiever and a people pleaser, as I was gently reminded yesterday, I need those reminders to slow down and enjoy what God has given me. 

Oh, if only I didn't need repeat reminders, but alas I am only a human, created in God's image, not in the image of  SUPER MOM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment